Monday, July 16, 2007

A Tribute to My Mother

My mother has a way of taking things in life and putting them into perspective for me. She is always doing this in a way that leaves me feeling calm no matter what the situation is. Most recently she has helped me with the plans for my tonsil removal. I'm go into surgery a week from today and find myself nervous for a number of reasons. One reason is the scary description from my doctor telling me of "the horrible pain" I'll be in. Thanks a lot doc. The other reason is the need for plans for Dean during all of this. I am a planner, so of course I made this a bigger deal than it is trying to over think everything. Before Dean, my mother would have just had to help me overcome the fear itself. I'm good at planning to lay around the house and not do much of anything. I'm also great at feeling sorry for myself and moaning about how uncomfortable I am. No help needed there. As usual after a short conversation with my mother on the phone this morning, I have confirmation that my plan is a worthy one and will work for me. She's a great problem solver.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.