Saturday, March 22, 2008

Suprises

Saturday
The doorbell has been ringing all day! First, someone came by with a very large box for my cousin, Sarah. She's coming today to visit us for Easter. Now those of you who don't know, I love packages. As in, I become very seriously excited to see a package on the doorstep and am often forced to wait in anxiety to see what is inside that box! I don't even care if it's for me, the suspense just kills me. Though it is a great way for those you who are looking for a way to torture me for any misdeeds I may have done, I think maybe the torture is the part that I look back on and enjoy. If you sent me a large box with instructions not to open it until the next holiday and I was to finally open it after days of suspense to find one rainbow colored sock with no match, I most likely would jump for joy screaming "It's a sock!". The only thing that I don't like about said packages is when there is no note and I don't know who to send a thank you card to for that lovely sock. The best suspense of course is when the package is not for myself or Dean, because then I have no excuse to open it immediately as is the said package for Sarah. Which, by the way I did not stop Dean from thoroughly examining in case he accidently opened it for her. He IS only one year old, he can't help it.



The second doorbell ring was not as exciting, because it was an appraiser for the house we are renting. Dean, however, thought that he was a real hoot and followed him all over the house waving and saying "Hello". He was sad to see the guy go.

Later the bell rang yet again with a lovely plant/floral arrangement from my aunt for Easter. The next best thing to receiving a mysterious package is receiving unexpected gifts. As you can see, this one is so very adorable with it's basket and living flowers. It will stay right where it is until I inadvertently kill it. I imagine that won't be until our next move as I've got a green thumb unless unpacking boxes after a move. Then, I usually finish unpacking and in my excitement to run around a new house free of boxes I become quickly disappointed as I realize few of my plants made it through yet another move. There is something about live plants in a house that makes it feel cleaner and more comfortable. I have my aunt to thank for the two I have in my house currently.



Going right along with my LONG blog entry is another session of doorbell ringing. This lovely and expected gift from my dad. While I was in San Diego, he asked me if there was anything I wanted for my birthday this year. I immediately said some money toward a new rocking chair with a higher back to rest my head on during those long nights with little ones. I'm determined that the next baby will love to be rocked and I will love rocking it in my comfortable new chair. Lucas and I found this one the other day. If I were really spoiled, it would recline. As it is it rocks, swivels, and is ultra comfortable. I can't wait to use it. I've been sitting in it all day trying it out.


Of course the doorbell we'll be the most excited for, is the one with my cousin on the other side. I can't wait to see her and am so glad she felt comfortable coming to my house for Easter while her parents are out of country. Lord knows, they've taken me in enough times and I never once felt guilty, unwelcome, or like I was in the way even when they were living in already crowded quarters. I love that I am able a part of the family that is doing that for someone this time around. Only, it's even better than that as I absolutely adore my cousins and am ready for our visit with this one. Here she is her gifts that her family sent. The bunny's ears even bend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your day. Thanks for taking care of Sarah