Tuesday, March 4, 2008

On the Up and Up

Praise God! Dean has slept much better the last two nights! He still has a bummer rash all over his body and is quite the fuss bucket. Surely the sleeping is a sign that he's beginning to feel better.

We had our state writing tests today for my fourth graders. It was fun to walk around and see all of the great things that my kids have learned. Many of them won't score well, because they're not profecient yet. I find that I don't really care because I'm so thrilled that they have achieved so much. One student, that recently joined my class, could not write more than bullet pointed notes in place of a paragraph. Today, though he didn't write the multiple paragraph paper I was hoping for, he wrote a whole paragraph AND it was a good one. I am so proud of my students and their hard work.

That said, I can't help but think that some of you who read my writing regularly are thinking that maybe I shouldn't be the one to teach kids how to write. I blame it on sleep deprivation personally, but think what you will. *grin*

No comments: