Sunday, January 27, 2008

Eh? What was that?

Sometimes the conversations Lucas and I are having are funny. Mostly because we're not talking about the same thing.
Example:

"Lucas, do you want to pull out some meat for spaghetti tomorrow?"
"Where at?"
"Um, the freezer where we always keep the frozen meat."
"Wait, what did you say the first time?"
"Can you pull out some meat for spaghetti tomorrow?"
"You want to eat what?"
"Please pull the frozen ground beef from the freezer to thaw."

At this point it really would be easier to just do it myself, if I wasn't in the middle of changing a poopy diaper. After a few minutes of this we finally figure out that Lucas thought I asked if he wanted to go out to eat spaghetti tomorrow. At least this time he was hearing "eat" instead of "meat". Honest mistake, but sometimes I think he needs to get his hearing checked.

No comments: